Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Vegas Vacation!

As my wonderful hubby's 30th birthday approaches, I decided to surprise him with a fun weekend getaway to Vegas this past weekend!!! You only turn 30 once, so yes, I spoiled him. I booked us a room at Luxor and bought us tickets to go see the Titanic exhibit there. He loves anything about that ship, so he was super excited to go.
Our vacation started off a little sketchy when we (and by we I mean Toby), got sucked into a timeshare "opportunity" presentation. Yeah. I totally thought of that South Park episode where they get stuck in the timeshare presentation and all they want is their free stuff and to go skiing...it turned out not to be too far off from that.
We gave them $40, and the deal was that we would go sit through this presentation for 2 MAYBE 3 hours, get 2 tickets for Shark Reef and $100 for food, gambling, or spa split up into $25 gift certificates however we wanted. So, 4 hours and 2 very unhappy people later, we got out of the timeshare crap and had $18 back from the $40 we gave them, our Shark Reef tickets, and $50 for gambling and $50 for food. We tried to see the positive in getting sucked into such a stupid thing by seeing at as the following; if we had stayed at the hotel, instead of going to the timeshare presentation, we probably would have ended up spending a TON of money. Instead, we ended up spending only $22 to waste 4 hours of our day to be able to get tickets for fun and gamble with their money...even if Toby did lose it all...
The fun started when I got to see his face when we checked into our room. I let him in first to make sure he saw the amazing jacuzzi tub we had that faced toward Mandalay Bay! It was right in the bedroom area! Then he didn't know what to do with himself when he realized there were two TV's in the room..one in the bedroom and the other in the sitting room. It was a pretty cool set up.
Saturday night was exciting for me...we were down in the casino at the blackjack table and I hear people behind me so I move over to make sure I wasn't in the way. But I didn't move in time to avoid someone brushing up against me.....Criss Angel was right next to me!!! Okay, I know it's not the coolest person to have touch you, but it was still fun for me! Haha.
Sunday we woke up and went down to have breakfast at the buffet. Food was good! Then it was time to head home. We had so much fun together! I love my husband and it makes me happy to make him happy....especially when it's for a special occasion.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

How fun are you guys?! I want a fun Vegas vacay...