Monday, August 2, 2010

Can't Catch a Break!

So I need a minute to vent.
Last week Toby tells me that he is sick. Then proceeds to tell me his gums hurt and thinks maybe he has a wisdom tooth coming in. Great. On the plus side, he is trying to quit smoking and has a doctors (and now dentist) appointment when he gets home to help him stop smoking! Yay.
So being the loving wife I am, I tease him a little for getting sick. Because neither of us rarely get sick, I joke that it would be his luck that he doesn't feel well and his mouth hurts while stuck on the boat for 2 weeks. Really funny of me to make fun of him. Life turns around and deals me a mean hand. I wake up last Wednesday morning feeling crappy. Then Thursday comes around and I spent 1 hour at work before realizing there was no way I was going to make it through 8 hours of calling people and leaving messages to try to get them to pay. Friday, I decided it best to call in and not go to work at all and spent most of my day sleeping. Worked on Saturday for my 4 hours of overtime. Sunday finally got the strength to clean my house. Only, then, feeling so accomplished, I sit down to enjoy my yummy food I made myself and realize one, possibly both of my cats have worms. FANTASTIC!
The problem here is that I decided to pat myself on the back for getting a raise/promotion at work and buy myself the new Droid X. I only had to pay $150 since I was getting a deal for an early upgrade. But now that I blew all my money on that, I have to take my cats to the vet tomorrow. FML. Oh well. Gotta just keep my head up and roll with the punches, right!?
Anywho....just needed to vent and get that off my chest.
The fun news is that the moms are coming into town this friday and I am so excited. We are gonna go to the OC Fair and just enjoy being with eachother! YAY!
I will be so exicted to finally have my mom and mom-in-law meet for the first time! So fun!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Oh my, what a week!! Hope you are feeling better! Good luck to your hubs on the quitting smoking!