Monday, July 30, 2012

so THIS is love

On July 2, 2012 I fell in love. A new kind of love. I fell in love with all 8lbs and 1oz of chunky cheeks and kissable lips. Yes, I'm talking about the new addition to our family. It's so super cliche and cheesy of me to say, but dang...you really DON'T know what love is until you have a child. And having the unthinkable happen and not being prepared to be told I could go home but that my baby was going to be transported to another hospital just made my heart grow bigger. I knew my little boy would fight whatever he needed to fight and that I would do anything in the world to make him okay. I've never been so happy to call a freakin' hospital and be told I can take my baby home. Even if I did have to wait 7 days.
Now, 4 weeks and only a couple sleepless nights later, I can say it was all worth it. Hard, but worth it. Seeing my husband become a father is so heartwarming. It's hard only having him home for two weeks at a time, but now the two weeks he is home are so much more fun! We get to learn about eachother and our baby together. Learn how to be the best parents we can be.
I look forward to each day and see new things my baby does. Every noise he makes and every new facial expression I see just amazes me. I seriously could just sit and stare at him all day.
I'm sure there will be many more blogs to come about our family!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Motherhood is the best! Can't wait to meet that baby!